Robert on the Rise

Just because you won't see him as much in New Moon, doesn't mean you're going to forget about him. Here are five reasons why hottie Robert Pattinson will always be your leading vamp!
By Angel Constantino

Published: Candy Magazine, November 2009
Section: On the Cover

1. He has evolved as an actor. Rob first caught our attention four years ago as sweet Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Robert has since moved on to star in more serious flicks such as The Summer House and Little Ashes. But nothing could have prepared him for the role of Edward Cullen, this generation’s most loved vampire. At the 2009 MTV Movie Awards where he won Breakthrough Performance Male, he thanks Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke “for casting me when I was completely unemployable.”

2. He stays true to himself. You’d think being the hero in one of the biggest movie franchises ever would make Rob’s head just as big. But this cutie doesn’t seem fazed by all his fame and fortune. When asked how being a part of Twilight changed him at the 2009 Comic-Con, he said, “I'd like to think I haven't changed that much… it's kind of extraordinary. I don't think any of us expected any of this to happen.”

3. He can adapt to change. New Moon literally spelled new changes for the cast and crew of the Twilight saga. A new director, Chris Weitz, came on board, and Rob had to deal with less airtime than before. He says, “I was much more of a supporting role in this one. I did a lot of my first scenes doing the apparitions which involved me saying maybe one word a week. It was one of the most relaxing jobs I've ever done. Chris was a very peaceful presence and I got on really well with him. I had a pretty much stress free job for three months. It was great for me. All the pressure was on Taylor!”

4. He knows that girls can save guys too! “There are so many people looking at Edward like a romantic hero. In New Moon, the way that I read it anyway, he's just so humbled," shares Rob about his favorite book from the series. "He's looking at Bella and thinking that he loves [her] too much but he can't be around. He deliberately breaks up their relationship which I think is a very painful  and relatable thing. In the final fight sequence, Bella ends up saving Edward, as she does in every single one of the books. So it's really funny how everyone looks at Edward as the hero, but he's been continuously saved by the damsel in distress.”

5. He loves his fans (a.k.a. you!). Robert won Choice Male Hottie and Choice Movie Actor for Drama at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards. In his acceptance speech, Rob sent a special shout-out to his fans. He said, “Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it. I have to say, the hottest teens to me are the Twilight fans.”

Photo courtesy of Pioneer Films and Summit Entertainment 

For more on Rob Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, and New Moon, grab a copy of Candy's November 2009 issue and the Candy New Moon Special—available in bookstores and magazine stands nationwide!

2 comments:

Andrea November 23, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

i'm super TEAM JACOB also!! - dre

Angel November 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Wee! Go, Team Jacob! :)

Copyright © 2010 Goddess of Light v.2

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP